Making a move to a big city like Chicago from Cincinnati is an exciting adventure! Whether you’re leaving Cincinnati to be closer to your family, or for a new career opportunity, relocating to the Windy City will come with a lot of changes. You may be stressed with all the plans you’re making to get yourself out of Cincinnati and to Chicago, but you’re not alone! A great moving company can help you sort out all the details and make your relocation an easy one.
What Moving to Chicago is Like
Cincinnati isn’t a small town, but considering Chicago is the third biggest metropolis in the US, it might feel that way when you relocate there. Here is a quick snapshot of Chicago statistics to give you an idea of what to expect:
- Population: 2,714,017
- Demographic breakdown: 32.3% white, 28.7% Hispanic, 30.9% Black, 6.1% Asian, and 1.9% Mixed/Other races
- Cost of living: 10% higher than national average
- Median home price: $345,000
- Average rent: $1,862 a month
- Median household income: $50,400
- Average salary: $72,000
- Average hourly pay rate: $19.62
- Most common occupations: office & administrative support, management, sales
- Most common industries: healthcare & social assistance, professional/scientific/technical, educational services
- Average commute time: 33.5 minutes
- Average in-state public college institution: $9,698
- Average private university tuition: $29,236
Benefits of Moving from Cincinnati to Chicago
Cincinnati has a lot to offer, but there are plenty of benefits to leaving The ‘Nati and relocating to Chicago. Let’s look at a few of the benefits you’ll enjoy when you move to The Windy City.
The job opportunities in Chicago are endless. It’s not just a huge economy within the US, it’s one of the most important in the world. With over 4 million employees, Chicago has the third largest labor pool in the United States, and is listed as having the nation’s third highest gross metropolitan product too. If you’re in finance, you’ll have plenty of opportunities in Chicago: it’s the second largest financial center in the US after New York City. Outside of finance, science and engineering, manufacturing, publishing, printing, retail, hospitality, and food processing are also huge industries in Chicago. No matter what your career dreams are, you’re certain to achieve them in Chicago!
Higher Educational Opportunities
Chicago is world-renowned when it comes to higher education and research. You will have access to schools like Northwestern University, Loyola University Chicago, and DePaul University among many others. There is also a long list of community colleges, seminaries, graduate schools, medical and psychology schools, and more.
You definitely stand to make more money when you relocate to Chicago from Cincinnati! On average, Chicago residents’ income per capita is 3% higher than the national average. In Cincinnati, income per capita is about $26,152, which is 12% lower than the national average.
Though Cincinnati’s public transit system is more popular than the average transit, Chicago offers much more. The CTA operates a huge system of rapid transit elevated and subway (popularly nicknamed the ‘L’) lines, as well as buses whose routes extend into nearby suburbs. The city also offers Chicago residents a network of commuter trains called Metra, as well as a huge bike sharing program and Pace paratransit service.
You might miss the Cincinnati Reds, but you will love the sports culture in Chicago! If baseball is your sport of choice, you’ll have access to the iconic Wrigley Field, where you can cheer on the White Sox and the Cubs. Chicago is also home to the Chicago Bears (NFL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Sky (WNBA), Chicago Fire (MLS), and the Blackhawks of the NHL. You’ll also have the opportunity to run in the famed Chicago Marathon. If sports aren’t your thing but gaming is, look into the Chicago Huntsmen, the city’s professional Call of Duty team!
Cincinnati to Chicago Movers
Moving is overwhelming, especially if it’s a long distance relocation like Cincinnati to Chicago. Not only is it taxing, it gets expensive quickly. You may be considering foregoing professional movers to save money. However, making a big move without the help of experts can leave you with extra stress, lost or damaged valuables, or even injury. It’s always best to work with experienced movers who have the know-how and equipment to make your long distance relocation easier. And with Bell Moving’s years of experience, we know how to get you moved from Cincinnati to Chicago without breaking the bank! Here’s what you can be sure you’re getting when you work with Bell Moving;
- Safety: our long distance moving team is trained to operate large vehicles
- Speed: with our years of experience, we know how to get you from Cincinnati to Chicago efficiently!
- Care: we use the best quality packing materials, and will transport your belongings as if they are our own
- Organization: we know how to keep all your belongings in order on both ends of your move
- Customer Service: your satisfaction is our top priority. We will work hard to ensure you feel supported every step of the way
- Costs: we’re transparents with our pricing so there are no surprises
Why Bell Moving is the Best Company to Relocate You From Cincinnati to Chicago
You’ve got a lot going on planning your move from Cincinnati to Chicago. You don’t need the extra worry that you didn’t hire the best, most trustworthy movers. But how can you be sure you’re working with capable Cincinnati movers? We recommend the following when comparing moving companies:
- Check customer reviews on Google
- Ask if the company performs background checks
- Make sure the company is licensed and insured
- Discuss your move with customer service
- Avoid companies asking for big upfront deposits
Bell Moving is a fourth-generation family owned company that has been in business for almost 100 years, so we know a thing or two about moving! We are proud to offer the highest level of customer service in the industry, and of the stellar reviews our customers have given us. We have also won several industry awards, and have been named the official moving company of the University of Cincinnati Bearcats! In addition to our work with our customers, we also proudly support Toys for Tots, Give Kids the World Village, and Move for Hunger.
Cincinnati to Chicago Moving Costs
At Bell Moving, we know that changing your address is never cheap. That’s why we offer free quotes upfront, and no hidden fees or gimmicks. We will take the following into account when pricing out our free quote for your move from Cincinnati to Chicago:
- The size of your move and how organized your current location is
- Number of movers your Cincinnati to Chicago relocation will require
- Toll costs during the drive from Cincinnati to Chicago
- Additional services you may opt into
Cincinnati to Chicago Distances & Travel Information
Once you and your professional movers packed up your Cincinnati home, it’s time to hit the road! So what’s the best way to get to Chicago from Cincinnati? Most people choose to drive or fly. Let’s take a look at those options so you can decide what’s best for you.
Driving to Chicago from Cincinnati
Chicago is just about 300 miles from Cincinnati, so if you choose to drive to Chicago from Cincinnati, you should expect a 4.5 to 5 hour drive. Tolls during your drive from Cincinnati to Chicago will cost you about $10. Want to see some sights along the way? Here are some great places to stop:
- Indiana Dunes State Park, 1600 N 25 E, Chesterton, IN 46304, (219) 926-1952
- Conner Prairie, 13400 Allisonville Rd, Fishers, IN 46038, (317) 776-6000
Flying to Chicago from Cincinnati
Flying direct from CVG Airport to Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport is about 1.5 hours. American Airlines and Delta offer nonstop flights. Prices for flights start as low as $67!
There are so many details to take care of when planning a long distance move. However, making a move from Cincinnati to Chicago is an exciting new chapter! Don’t get bogged down by all the tasks and stress – let Bell Moving, Cincinnati’s top professional moving company, make your relocation easier. Call us today at 513-942-7500 to get started on your free quote!