Last Updated on: 24th August 2021, 11:49 am
If you are on the lookout for nearby storage units in Cincinnati, there are a lot of options you can choose from. Before you pick a specific facility, you should consider the amenities you need. For example, are you looking for climate-controlled units, RV storage, or a certain amount of space?
You can compare the cost of local options by looking at the price per square foot. Local Cincinnati self-storage units are currently getting rented out at an average price of $74.44 per month. The amount you end up paying depends on the kind of unit you want, how big the unit is, and the storage company’s other amenities.
Types of Storage in Cincinnati, OH
Whether you are looking for climate-controlled storage or self-storage in Cincinnati, there are a variety of options to fit your specific needs. While the most secure storage units in Cincinnati may be more expensive, self-storage is often cheaper than traditional storage facilities. The following storage unit types are some of the most common options available in the city.
- Self-storage units: Self-storage units are basically the do-it-yourself option. In most cases, you are the person who moves everything into and out of the unit. Because you can’t simply get your items delivered to your front door, you will want to consider the location of the self-storage unit before you sign any papers.
- Traditional storage: Traditional Cincinnati storage companies involve a range of options like vaulted storage, palletized storage, and warehouse storage. The kind you need depends on the number of things you are going to store. For example, you might want warehouse or palletized storage if your business needs space for storing extra inventory or finished products.
- Mobile storage: This kind of storage is where the company drops off pods at your location. After you fill them up, the storage company picks them up again. Whenever you need something, you can simply ask for your pod or for specific boxes.
- Climate-controlled storage: Through the best climate-controlled storage in Cincinnati, you can protect your items from extreme weather like snow, rain, and heat. Climate-controlled storage often costs more, but it is a great way to prevent moisture, cold, and other variables from damaging your belongings.
At a traditional storage company, you can generally find more secure storage options, space for large items, and indoor car storage. Some of these companies typically pick-up and drop-off services as well.
Self-storage companies generally have the best accessibility and many are open 24/7. However, mobile storage companies can deliver your pod whenever you need it, which is an extremely convenient option.
No matter what kind of affordable Cincinnati storage you choose, a moving company can also help you move your items into self-storage. Some of them can even provide you with their own dedicated warehouse storage.
Choosing the Best Storage Companies in Cincinnati
When considering the top Cincinnati storage units, there are a few things you should look for.
- Accessibility: If the units are closed at various times during the day, you won’t be able to access your belongings when you need to. Self-storage works best if you need frequent access, but warehouse storage is another option if you don’t plan on visiting the storage center frequently.
- Security: No matter what kind of Cincinnati storage you use, you should check for security features like controlled access, keyless entry, and lighting.
- Cost: You get what you pay for when it comes to storage units. If you need more features or a larger unit, you can generally expect to pay more.
- Size: The kind of items you are storing will determine the unit size you need. While palletized storage works for household goods, vaulted storage is a better choice if you have large items like furniture. You may also want to invest in RV or boat storage as well if you have these types of vehicles.
Top Cincinnati Storage Companies
1. iStorage Self Storage – Top Self-Storage in Cincinnati
If you are looking for the most affordable self-storage in Cincinnati, iStorage Self Storage is the place to go. This storage facility offers deals throughout the year like half off your first month or first month free. In addition, iStorage is known for having cost-friendly prices and a convenient location.
At this storage facility, you will find bonus features like climate-controlled storage, month-to-month leases, drive-up access, and online payment options. The units are protected by expert lighting, fencing, controlled entrances, and video recording.
- Address: 4725 Madison Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45227
- Phone: (513) 533-9000
2. Glenway Storage – Excellent RV Storage
In addition to being one of the most popular storage facilities in Cincinnati, this complex also offers some of the best RV storage in Cincinnati. Equipped with clean, climate-controlled units, this complex provides indoor units ranging between 5×5 and 15×25 in size. You can also check out outdoor parking spaces for boats, trucks, RVs, trailers, and cars.
Like many reputable storage facilities in Cincinnati, Glenway Storage has online payment options, autopay, and month-to-month leases. The complex is gated and open seven days a week.
- Address: 6251 Glenway Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45211
- Phone: (513) 533-9000
3. Life Storage – Best Cincinnati Car Storage
If you are searching for car storage in Cincinnati, Life Storage can help. Along with car storage, this Cincinnati storage center offers 24-hour access, fencing, and lighting. It is also equipped with climate-controlled options and drive-up access.
Many units offer the first month free, and you can rent on a month-to-month basis. You can also rent a unit immediately by going online to fill out your application and send in your payment.
- Address: 2950 Robertson Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45209
- Phone: (513) 631-6300
4. CubeSmart Self Storage – Top-Notch Security
At CubeSmart Self Storage, you can find one of the best storage facilities in Cincinnati. The complex is protected through features like security cameras, and you can also purchase add-on insurance as well. Unlike some of the other top Cincinnati storage units, CubeSmart doesn’t require a credit or debit card when you reserve a unit.
Since there is no monthly contract, you can easily switch unit sizes if you need to. Known for its customer service, this company provides customers with 24-hour video recording, moving supplies, and moving services.
- Address: 4932 Marburg Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45209
- Phone: (513) 386-9947
5. Rivertowne Marina – Best Boat Storage Company in Cincinnati
When it comes to boat storage in Cincinnati, the Rivertowne Marina is the best place to go. As one of the most convenient boat storage companies in Cincinnati, Rivertowne Marina is located on 43 acres on the Ohio River.
You can choose to store your boat in its own slip, in dry dock storage, or within the indoor rack storage. A slip is the most convenient option if you plan on using your boat frequently, while dry dock or indoor racks are a cheaper choice for less use.
- Address: 4601 Kellogg Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45226
- Phone: (513) 533-3000
6. Box Self Storage – Great for Furniture Storage
If you are searching for the best furniture storage in Cincinnati, Box Self Storage is a good place to check out. Because of its location in downtown Cincinnati, it is a convenient place to consider. Like many of the best storage companies in Cincinnati, it is protected through features like 24-hour video monitoring and electronic gate access.
Outfitted with elevator access, this property is run through onsite management. Paying your bills is easy through a smartphone app or online bill pay. Plus, you can enjoy low prices and month-to-month rental options.
- Address: 26 W 7th St, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Phone: (513) 399-5779
7. Citadel Self Storage – Top Climate-Controlled Self-Storage
Known as one of the best climate-controlled storage in Cincinnati, Citadel Self Storage offers small, medium, and large indoor units. Items like artwork, family heirlooms, and electronics need the protection of humidity-controlled, temperature-controlled units. Plus, this property offers month-to-month options and spaces big enough for boats and RVs.
- Address: 5445 Ridge Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45213
- Phone: (513) 909-2894
8. Spring Grove Self Storage – Secure Storage Facility in Cincinnati
If you are looking for reputable storage companies in Cincinnati, Spring Grove Self Storage is a great place worth a look. You can find a variety of Cincinnati storage units in the complex. Along with traditional units, you can find lockers, climate-controlled units, and vehicle storage.
At Spring Grove Self Storage, you can find amenities like a coffee bar, free wifi, and digital video recording. If you forget something, boxes and packing supplies are also available.
- Address: 4861 Spring Grove Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45232
- Phone: (513) 434-3023
Map of Storage Facilities in Cincinnati, OH
Find the Best Cincinnati Storage Units
The best storage units in Cincinnati offer options like boat, furniture, car, and RV storage. You can also find indoor, climate-controlled storage in a variety of price ranges. By checking out the complex’s cost, location, features, and safety measures, you can discover the best storage company for your needs.
Need assistance with an upcoming relocation? We are also a storage facility or can move you into another one. Get help from the top Cincinnati movers here at Bell Moving! Call us today at (513) 942-7500 or fill out the Request a Quote form for a free moving estimate!